Builder Application - AnimusFoxx

Minecraft name:
My ingame name is AnimusFoxx

What do you like the most about redstone?:
Ever since I was a kid, long before I learned about Minecraft, I dreamed of some program or game that would allow me to build real functioning circuits from base components, like going to RadioShack and buying breadboards and resistors and transistors and the like, but without the real-world cost or barrier to entry. When I first started playing minecraft around 2010-2011, I was in love, and I would draw out circuits and castles on grid paper. I never got really serious about logic and calculation until just within the last 1-2 years, but I’m finding it hugely gratifying and fun. I love survival too, and I sometimes go through phases between survival mine-crafting, and creative redstone-ing.

Before I joined this server, for the last month or so, I’ve been working on a full 4-function, 6-digit-input comparator decimal calculator. I just about finished it to my satisfaction, so I started getting interested in ALUs and heard about this server, so here I am!

What’s a thing you have made which demonstrates redstone knowledge?:
What does the thing do?:
Pictured below is the ALU I am submitting for my application. It has a few extra functions like Right and Left Shift, Zero and Overlow outputs, and 6-bit input, which I know are not required for Builder rank, but this is my first ALU and a learning process.

Image(s) and/or video(s) of the device:

What do you plan on making for your build trial?:
For my trial I plan on building a smaller ALU with more basic functions, maybe 3 bit.

Below are a couple screenshots of my decimal calculator project from my sp world:
6-digit Divider with xxxxxx.xxxxx output: https://imgur.com/a/dgieAzR
6-digit Decimal-Octal converter and multiplier with 13 digit output: https://imgur.com/a/l0xv7Z3

Do you agree with the rules?:
I have read and agree with the rules

Accepted for trial! Hop on the server at mc.openredstone.org and ask a staff member for assistance.

1 Like