Builder Application - BrunoDerKamraman

Minecraft name: BrunoDerKamraman

What do you like the most about redstone?: That it has functional completeness.

What’s a thing you have made which demonstrates redstone knowledge?: I built an ALU

What does the thing do?: Arithmetic and logic funstions duh

Image(s) and/or video(s) of the device:

What do you plan on making for your build trial?: Wait I have to build something? I actually built that ALU in the picture for this application. I guess I can build it again.

Do you agree with the rules?: Of course.

Could you specify a bit more on what arithmetic and logic functions the ALU can perform?

It has only 2 bit right now but is expandable to any number of bits although that will introduce a delay for each bit as the carry has to propagate through (Somebody went offline in the middle of world editing it to 8 bits). It can add and or. It has carry in, flood carry and inverting for the inputs so by combinating these capabilities through the right “opcode” it can also subtract, xor, xnor, and, nand and any logical or arithmetic operation that is just a combination of the ones I named. If the user has a lot of free time or builds the rest of a computer around it, you can also use it to multiply, divide or “run” any other “program” on it (flipping levers in the right order)

Accepted for trial! Hop on the server at mc.openredstone.org and ask a staff member for assistance.

Note that when you build the ALU for the trial it should be at least 4 bits.

Thank you :slight_smile:
Very impressed by your dedication! I think I remember you from a few years back. You seem to put a lot of effort into this project/community