Four_Griffins' Builder Application

Minecraft name: Four_Griffins

What do you like the most about redstone?: It actually delivers on its promise. Like, it’s called redstone, and not only is it stone, but it’s actually red! Can you believe that?
Oh, and you can build logical circuits with it, that’s pretty cool too. Especially the signal strength-based ones.

What’s a thing you have made which demonstrates redstone knowledge?: My proudest achievement is a pretty small hexadecimal 8 tick carry cancel adder. I came up with the logic on my own (except the carry cancel principle), but LAM678 showed me how to make the first half adder really small.

What does the thing do?: It can add two hexadecimal numbers of up to 32 bits (8 signal strength inputs) in 8 ticks without rippling. It probably wouldn’t take too much to make it a subtractor too.

Image(s) and/or video(s) of the device:

What do you plan on making for your build trial?: A (binary) 4 bit, vertical ALU with some basic functions like add, subtract, lshift, rshift, and some logical operations like OR, NOT, XOR etc. Depending on the time I might add some registers or make it 8 bits, but probably not.

Do you agree with the rules?: Yes!

2 Likes

if this thing dont get accepted i dont know what will!

Accepted for trial! Hop on the server at mc.openredstone.org and ask a staff member for assistance.

1 Like