TheScienceCat's builder application

Minecraft name: TheScienceCat

What do you like the most about redstone?: I like how a lot of redstone components can replicate real-world (logic) circuits and processors, because it’s a unique and innovative way of showing off knowledge of computer science and computer engineering. I also just like making redstone contraptions because I find them very satisfying to use and look at, and because it’s expanding my computer engineering experience.

What’s a thing you have made which demonstrates redstone knowledge?: I made an 8-bit ALU.

What does the thing do?: It contains all the standard logic operations like OR, AND, and XOR gates; ability to invert the inputs; and add and subtract. It’s made (almost) entirely from adder modules that are improved versions of my 2-wide tileable adder modules that only used torches- these use repeaters. I wish I could put more photos because I’m pretty proud of it- it’s the first 8-bit ALU I’ve made.

Image(s) and/or video(s) of the device:

What do you plan on making for your build trial?: I plan to build a simple 4-bit ALU with the same functions as the one I showed, minus the ability to invert the inputs to save time.

Do you agree with the rules?: Yes. I’d like to spend more time on the server with some of the smartest engineers and with the tools I can use to improve my design and building experience, and to gain more knowledge of redstone, whether computational or not.

1 Like

Accepted for trial! Hop on the server at mc.openredstone.org and ask a staff member for assistance.

Very nice application btw !

1 Like

thanks! I’ll hop on the server between Nov. 1st and 3rd, since that’s when I have some time on my hands to do the trial. Or if I can’t do it then I’ll see when is best