Tiaowuyudi Builder Application

Tiaowuyudi

I am planning to become a computer engineer, and redstone is an amazing medium of which to learn computing basics.

infinitely expandable 2 wide (per bit) 8 bit (image shown is one bit) ALU designed by Ammorth and n00b_asaurus.

it is an ALU that can perform a + b, a - b, b + a, b - a, a and b, a or b, a xor b, right shift, invert and can subtract using 2’s compliment with both signed and unsigned integers.

The same 2 wide ALU

Yes, and thank you for your time.

well this is good, but i also know that u should know how to use them. can u say in more detail like a+b a-b b-a a or b…

other than that its pretty good

Accepted for trial! Hop on the server at mc.openredstone.org and ask a staff member for assistance.

Minecraft name:
Tiaowuyudi

What do you like the most about redstone?:
you can do anything related to computing, but even more, you can always find a faster and/or more compact way of doing it, making redstone something that is always evolving, and the challenge it presents is fascinating to me.

What’s a thing you have made which demonstrates redstone knowledge?:
A PLA based Fully Modular vertically stackable ALU

What does the thing do?:
Literally any function needed, given you have the space to fit it. As you need functions, you can just tack them on, allowing for 100% flexibility when making a redstone device.

Image(s) and/or video(s) of the device:
video on youtube: PLA based ALU - ORE Builder Application - YouTube

What do you plan on making for your build trial?:
Demonstrating the flexibility of this ALU and its multiple functions. I will have SUM+CARRY, XOR and AND, A! and B!. These can be used to make any other function I’ll need.

Do you agree with the rules?:
Yes

Edit: formating

1 Like