75rx Attempt 5 - Change topic idea +new redstone ALU

Minecraft name: 75rx

What do you like the most about redstone?: Its fun, creative and special. My favourite tricks - Comparators, biston good (piston), Redstone torch.

What’s a thing you have made which demonstrates redstone knowledge?: I couldn’t do embedded media multiple times as i am marked as new player. Much things, such as I am good at building Redstone computers and its devices, and also Displays. I owned a “Firmware” of Minecraft Redstone cuz I USUALLY do Computers and its devices.

What does the thing do?: We have an adder, hooked up to Binary to BCD (copied from Myst_777) and 3 seven segment displays. I only asked for something like ALU. So I decided to hook it up to the display for even easier look. I am gonna instantly say that the biggest down part is the CPU. Player KilledbytheTV wanted to see what happens if he will hook his CPU up to my display.

Image(s) and/or video(s) of the device:
Here it is:

Let me tell you that I just inputted 66+39. As you can see, 66+39=105.

You can pretty much visit my plot in /school to try it out. Could not decline cuz why not lol

What do you plan on making for your build trial?: My previous topic has a trial of multiplier. I couldn’t build it, couldn’t have idea for consequental or sequental type and I was just done for anyway. As I said, i love building Redstone computers, so I will build a Redstone Computer.

Functions:
Each input up to 127
10x10 display with 2x2 pixel each
Atleast 1.30Hz clock
Addition and subtraction
7 segment display with number up to 255
Slow, but atleast working Binary to BCD
Programmable. Means you can create a new torch script
Atleast 4 output lines
Atleast 8 bytes RAM. I guess I’ll do somewhere higher, because why not lol
Atleast 0.40Hz CPU
GPU with atleast 3 screen updates max per second
Atleast 32 Byte HDD for easier parametrs or apps storing
Lastly - Fancy I/O just to check to do no accident mess up.
Biston good

Do you agree with the rules?: yeeee

1 Like

So you’re making a redstone computer with a CPU, GPU, Display, I/O, etc? During the ~1 hour trial? Are you sure you’d like to do that?

1 Like

Can I like copypaste the devices and connect them under a hour how required? Cuz may be faster yet

1 Like

Part of the builder trial is actually building something

2 Likes

I can try something like a mini calculator then. Would only add, subtract which is gonna be 6 bit, and no 7 segment display - only platform indicators will be the outputs. Can I change my trial again lol

1 Like

Or just only add

1 Like

You’d need more than an adder-subtractor. I’d recommend an ALU.

2 Likes

ALU needs all various 4 calculation types. Can I just build something like a single adder?

1 Like

ALU does addition, subtraction, and bitwise logic (OR, NOR, AND, NAND, XOR, XNOR)

1 Like

I didnt understand those logics. Can you please explain?

1 Like

This is something you need to learn before trying to get builder rank, try learning about bitwise logic on the server before attempting a trial. This is something you’ll be asked about during the trial.

2 Likes

Fine. I’ll first learn then do it. I guess you can accept this topic to then ask and not confuse

1 Like