Axolotls_'s Builder Application

My MC username is Axolotls_

What do you like the most about redstone?:
I like both piston doors and computational redstone, especially how CPUs are designed. I want to learn a lot more about them and make my own functioning one. I love how complicated and clever they can be designed.

What’s a thing you have made which demonstrates redstone knowledge?:
I’ve recently made an ALU that has all your basic operations. It uses an instant Ripple Carry Adder, because I wanted to make one for a while to see if it could compete with CCA’s. In my opinion they don’t, partially because of the pistons and because it’s just not required, but it’s still fun to show off my attempt at one. By the way, the cakes in the ALU can just be replaced with barrels if you want, I just like the look of cakes in my buids XD.

What does the thing do?:
It can: Add, Subtract, Or, And, Xor, Nor, Nand, Xnor, Shift Left, Shift Right, Rotate Left, Rotate Right, and it has 4 flags: Zero, Overflow, Negative and Even. It’s 8 bits, but you can stack the arithmetic unit and most of the logic upwards forever. The only reason why I say “most of” is because the shifting is harder to stack.

Image(s) and/or video(s) of the device:

What do you plan on making for your build trial?:
I want to make another ALU, however it will have a CCA. It will stay 8 bits, because it should be easy to stack if I make 2 / 3 modules. (I believe staff was allowed to help you with stacking.) I’ve already made a 4 tick CCA, it’s pretty generic but it does the trick. I’ve already thought about all the logic that I want to include, so I hope 60 minutes won’t be an issue for me. I also focus on making it a lot smaller than the previous ALU, because it’s kind of unusable and not survival friendly. (Not like computation in MC is survival friendly.)

Do you agree with the rules?:
Yes I do, though I have a question: does my CCA need to be 100% original? It uses an xor gate at the end that came from an adder by Bennyscube because it’s 1 tick and it doesn’t matter how much signal strength is fed into it. Is this fine?

Originality isn’t a requirement.

This application has been accepted! Whenever both you and a staff member are free, feel free to ask them for a trial. You are able to try again after failing and waiting 24 hours. It is always recommended to do a practice trial with another member before starting your real one and to practice the questions found at ORE Binary Quiz to help prepare for some of the trial questions.