Builder Application - Bo0kworm0325

Minecraft name:

Bo0kworm0325

What do you like the most about redstone?:

The thing I love most about redstone is that I is Turing-complete / functionally-complete- that is, you can perform any possible finite computation using it, (assuming it fits in loaded chunks lol). For my purposes, I am specifically interested in computing in Minecraft in order to run a particular graph-related algorithm on a redstone CPU. I also love teaching redstone and computer science to others, and have a Bachelors in computer science.

What’s a thing you have made which demonstrates redstone knowledge?:

I have designed and constructed my own redstone computer in minecraft: 8-bit, 4 function ALU, 3 fixed data registers, and all only using torches, blocks, and dust in Minecraft Alpha. I prefer this system of computation, as I enjoy the minimalism of it.

What does the thing do?:

I ran several programs on the CPU, including a multiplication program, and a fibonacci program. It’s a Turing-complete computer, so it can a large variety of things.

Image(s) and/or video(s) of the device:

What do you plan on making for your build trial?:

I plan to build a 4 function ALU, which I developed by modifying a full adder slightly.

Do you agree with the rules?:

Yes, the rules sound quite reasonable to me! I agree with them.

This application has been accepted! Whenever both you and a staff member are free, feel free to ask them for a trial. You are able to try again after failing and waiting 24 hours. It is always recommended to do a practice trial with another member before starting your real one.