[Builder application] Cosmic66

Minecraft name: Cosmic66

What do you like the most about Redstone?: The two best part about Redstone for me is that I can build computational devices, without needing to buy the different parts which are scarce in my region, and that there is always another challenge I can try to solve.

What’s a thing you have made which demonstrates Redstone knowledge?: A 8x8 Redstone lamp display(1px per block)

What does the thing do?: It can be used as a monitor, where each Redstone lamp is individually controllable. This build is infinitely extendable horizontally with minor changes(a two way repeater), and extendable vertically with extensions(though it is limited by build height, and it does significantly increase latency per layer added). This can also be modified using levers for a significantly lesser latency between input and display.

Image(s) and/or video(s) of the device: https://imgur.com/a/ZfNDD3f

What do you plan on making for your build trial?: I plan on making a 5x5 monitor with 1px per block, similar to the project shown(with minor changes to decrease size).

Do you agree with the rules?: Yes

I’m unsure as to whether I could showcase two builds, since I couldn’t really decide between them, but I also built an addition calculator with decimal inputs of up to 16+16, with two 7 segment displays for a decimal output.

Your trial build is not sufficiently advanced. The bar for trial builds is at or above the level of a 4 Bit RCA ALU. Please respond with a new build if/when you decide on one.

I can build a 4bit RCA ALU, with an extension to allow subtraction, is that fine?

4 Bit RCA ALU works :+1:

This application has been accepted! Whenever both you and a staff member are free, feel free to ask them for a trial. You are able to try again after failing and waiting 24 hours. It is always recommended to do a practice trial with another member before starting your real one.