Cocosbeans builder application

Minecraft name: cocosbeans

What do you like the most about redstone?: I’m very interested in computer stuff, I mostly work on javascript parsing/lexing stuff like that. Knowing that you can literally MAKE computers in redstone is probably the best thing I’ve ever seen and it seems fun. I like problem solving.
Besides computational redstone though, I really like farm automation, i.e. cane/bamboo/pumpkin farms.

What’s a thing you have made which demonstrates redstone knowledge?: While working on/learning from my CPU I made a small 4-bit cca and 2 register ram loop just so I could practice, and I thought I could share it

What does the thing do?: It just allows you to read and write sums of numbers to and from registers. It’s almost a bare bones ALU, just without control (besides cin and !b for 2’s but I didn’t wire that up, though it exists). Pretty much just an adder that reads and writes data.

Image(s) and/or video(s) of the device: https://imgur.com/a/jSCQDnH (hoping this works, idk how imgur works)

What did you make as your trial build?: 8-bit CPU with prom. Has immediates, flag regs and branching! It took some help but it’s mostly my own, and I could rebuild it from scratch if necessary

What is the warp for your trial build?: /warp cocosbeans2

Provide your results after completing the ORE Binary Quiz: Binary Quiz completion certificate:

Completed by cocosbeans in 6m6.732s on 11/23/2023, 08:30 UTC.
92.59% accuracy with 2/27 answers given incorrectly.
f0d4443e-1a65-4ad2-8384-94cd18491f4e-636f636f736265616e73
2l304t5009404501391d136p1f5h4s063c1g5y5rlpaxgv0tlpaxopzt

Do you agree with the rules?: Yes, they’re very reasonable

Hi, I don’t know if it’s possible, but I want to change this. The CPU is a build I want to use to showcase my knowledge of redstone. I had built a 4-bit ALU for the trial build and that’s what I mean to submit. I will have to reupload media for the CPU

It’s fine, you’ll be able to use the different trial build without updating the media.

This application has been accepted! Whenever both you and a staff member are free, feel free to ask them for a trial. You are able to try again after failing and waiting 24 hours. It is always recommended to do a practice trial with another member before starting your real one.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.