Ddla18 Apply

Minecraft name: ddla18

What do you like the most about redstone?: That you can do lots of things with it, a simple hidden trapdoor , a 16 bit computer that its clock ticks at 1Hz.

What’s a thing you have made which demonstrates redstone knowledge?: A 13(13 because yes) bit alu it can be made a lot smaller, but it is modular

What does the thing do?: add, subtract, and, xor, not, or or two numbers, and it differenciates positive overload from a negative number

Image(s) and/or video(s) of the device:

What do you plan on making for your build trial?: a program counter or somth else, i don’t exactly know

Do you agree with the rules?: yes

Looks good aside from the trial build. Generally we require builds at or above the level of a 4 bit ALU. Reply once you’ve decided what build you’d like to make for the trial.

Is a four bit x four bit multiplier more complex than a four bit alu?

I’d say so, yes

and does it need to work in negative*negative

That’s not a requirement, no. Does this mean you’re going to choose a 4 bit multiplier as your trial build?

yes, i am going to make a 4 bit multiplier.

This application has been accepted! Whenever both you and a staff member are free, feel free to ask them for a trial. You are able to try again after failing and waiting 24 hours. It is always recommended to do a practice trial with another member before starting your real one.