DragonSlaya2's Builder Application

Minecraft name: DragonSlaya2

What do you like the most about redstone?: Idk I just enjoy learning stuff and figuring out stuff and redstone is something that allows me to do that

What’s a thing you have made which demonstrates redstone knowledge?: an 8 bit adder with 2s comp so it can also do subtraction

What does the thing do?: adds and subtracts 8 bit numbers could also attach memory to it which Ive been working on recently

Image(s) and/or video(s) of the device:

What do you plan on making for your build trial?: a simple 4 bit alu with condensed input panel capable of adding and subtracting with a input clear button

Do you agree with the rules?: yes

Is the ALU only capable of addition and subtraction?

yes as currently that is all I know how to do but I can try to learn how to do other things I would also be able to add some memory to it

Just addition and subtraction would make it an Adder-Subtractor, not an ALU. Generally an ALU is capable of addition, subtraction, and all bitwise logic operations (OR, NOR, AND, NAND, XOR, XNOR).

oh I was told it was but I can add that not sure if in the time limit though

It’s probably worth asking around about ALUs, I’m sure someone would be willing to help. As long as your ALU does what I said, I see no reason not to accept. I should also mention that the time limit isn’t super strict, most staff allow you to go a decent bit over.

This application has been accepted! Whenever both you and a staff member are free, feel free to ask them for a trial. You are able to try again after failing and waiting 24 hours. It is always recommended to do a practice trial with another member before starting your real one.