Fire_GI's Application - Hexadecimal Number Sorting Algorithm

Minecraft name:

Fire_GI

What do you like the most about redstone?:

It is hard to say what I like about redstone. It was always something that intrigued me as it is very accessible for every person that plays Minecraft. (Of course it can be really complicated when you go into the details, but this is not the point)
With redstone you can build extremely complicated things and very simple things that make your minecraft playthrough easier. There is something for everyone.

What’s a thing you have made which demonstrates redstone knowledge?:

Over the years I’ve built many things, but for this application I’ve build a Serial Hexadecimal Number Sorter.

What does the thing do?:

The Serial Hexadecimal Number Sorter does sort the numbers inputted into the machine from large to small.
So when someone is inputting [5, 1, 3, 4, 12, 15, 8, 8, 3] the output will be [15, 12, 8, 8, 5, 4, 3, 3, 1].

The range of numbers is 1-15 (1 and 15 included).

The algorithm is the counting sort algorithm so:

The number of different values that can be sorted:

Best case: 8640 numbers
Worst Case: 576 numbers

This is because I am storing the numbers in a dropper and one dropper can only hold a maximum of 576 items.

Image(s) and/or video(s) of the device:

What do you plan on making for your build trial?:

Even though this doesn’t sound like much, but I would like to explain how adders work with a simple example (Which are RCAs as they are simple to understand and someone can see the different components faster than with CCAs).

Do you agree with the rules?:

Yes, I do.

You’re gonna need more than just an adder. Generally people go for an RCA ALU as their trial build, something at that level or higher is the requirement.

Ah, ok. I thought that would be enough as I didn’t just build but explain “everything” from the idea on how it works to the two’s complement (Because I understand that just an RCA ist too little).

So a little question: What about an ALU based on an CCA. Is it possible that I could build something like this as the problem is that many have built something like this and I cannot ensure that mine doesn’t look like these (I hope you understand why).

But the thing I’ve built is enough, right?

1. CCA ALU is fine as long as it can perform the following operations: Addition, Subtraction, and Bitwise Ops (OR, NOR, AND, NAND, XOR, XNOR).
  2. The sorter is fine, generally the bar is lower on the first build listed.

Please respond with whether you’ll be able to have an ALU which can meet the requirements.

Ok, do I need to do every Bitwise Op as the AND is pretty hard to accomplish and multiplexing would be extremely nasty (and the choice of words was really bad)?

Bitwise AND is a requirement, yes