FrankTheDank_ (Formerly ReewassSquared) Builder Application

Minecraft name: FrankTheDank_ (Formerly ReewassSquared)

What do you like the most about redstone?: Instant diodes go brrrrrrr

What’s a thing you have made which demonstrates redstone knowledge?: I built a number of CPUs in the past as a builder on ORE on the ReewassSquared account. I’m relearning redstone as a lot has changed (looked at 3-tick CCA today, it’s… insane). I’ve included pictures and explanation of a simple 7-tick 8-bit CCA ALU (no forward line).

What does the thing do?: Computes binary and arithmetic operations on two 8-bit operands. Blank control lines adds operand 1 (dubbed A) to operand 2 (dubbed B). Inverting B and setting carry-in will perform arithmetic subtraction on A and B, with negative input/output represented in two’s complement form. Setting flood carry will perform XNOR; setting flood carry and inverting A or B will perform XOR. Setting the OR line will perform IOR. Invert A and B and set OR and you get NAND. Flood carry and OR results in NOR. Finally, flood carry, OR, and invert A and B produces AND.

Image(s) and/or video(s) of the device: https://imgur.com/a/nLBQbQ2

What do you plan on making for your build trial?: Probably the same thing I showed off here. I’m going to build the CCA ALU using magic’s 5-tick original design since it showcases the raw logic and demonstrates comprehension better (than say, for instance, reproducing a common model).

Do you agree with the rules?: Yes.

BTW I first became a builder on ORE in 2016. If the re-application is redundant for an account switch that is fine, but I’d like to do it anyway. It’s been a while since I’ve done redstone, and I really do want to start with the basics.

The re-application is not required assuming all goes well with the account transfer.