GylbarD18's builder application

Minecraft name: GylbarD18

What do you like the most about redstone?: redstone sparked my interest in math and electronics. the contrast between the simplist logic gates to what they are capable of seems to reveal the essence to the universe. Leonardo da Vinci: simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

What’s a thing you have made which demonstrates redstone knowledge?: four most proud builds: 1. bedrock instant vertical decoder on 1kb ram
2. 22compact RAM, developed independant from bennyscube’s design of 22 RAM
3. word processor with shift registers that enable characters to shift around on screen when deleting or adding new letters. this is the first of its kind capable of shifting words around.
4. CPU(in development)

What does the thing do?:

1. the first bedrock decoder set that can decode 96 addresses simultaneously using light sensor
  2. a ram that dramatically reduces space consumption of ram. I tried many configurations and finally succeded!!!
  3. a word processor capable of saving 5pages of information, and behaves the way txt files does. I used command blocks in some part of instant bussing, and caused some bugs. I may fix them later
  4. A general purposed 1hz CPU with compact and simplest latency-free decoder that decodes all addressed simultaneously. the cpu is also equipped with a instant program counter, but this design also have flaws.
    Image(s) and/or video(s) of the device:
    GylbarD18's application to becoming a builder on ORE server - Album on Imgur
  5. 4th image in link
  6. 1st image in link
  7. 5th 6th 7th 9th image in link
  8. 2th 3th 8th image in link

video: 你以为被时代淘汰的磁带正卷土重来-红石超高内存磁带机【初等红石计算机】_哔哩哔哩_bilibili

What do you plan on making for your build trial?: I plan to make interesting and thought-provoking redstone builds like that of FVDisco

Do you agree with the rules?: yes!

Could you specify more on what “interesting and thought-provoking” builds you’ll be making?

1. I serious projects just like QCPU in the server.
  2. interesting projects like slime machines
  3. thought provoking contraptions like Conway’s game of life
  1. An entire CPU built, demonstrated, and explained in less than an hour? If you could pull it off then it’d be impressive for sure.
  2. ORE focuses on computational redstone so slime machines aren’t quite what we’re looking for (unless used within a larger computational build).
  3. Myself and other staff members agree that GoL ([Conway’s] Game of Life) doesn’t demonstrate sufficient knowledge of computational redstone.

Generally, people apply with a 4-bit ALU as their trial build, this isn’t the only permitted build but it is often recommended.

Sorry, but in response to the first point, I didn’t mention anything about “building and demonstrating CPU in less than one hour” , because it is literally impossible.

besides, showcasing you my own CPU demonstrates more engineering skills than just posting my ALU, a component of a whole system.

It is fine not to make slime machines and Conway’s game of life in the ORE server, because as you mentioned, this server is more dedicated to developing computational logic.

Trial builds are built during the trial and a trial is an hour long, so you would need to be able to build, demonstrate, and explain the build within that time along with the other questions involved in a trial.

sorry for overlooking the word “trial”
I thought you were asking what i will be building as a builder in ORE
Anyways, back to your topic.

Sure, I can build a 4-bit ALU in the trial. Please tell me what instruction set you would like me to include in this 4-bit ALU design.

I guess the set is ==>>
A / inverse A
B / Inverse B
Addition / And
Inverse output?

Any set of control lines is valid as long as you’re able to do the following operations with the ALU:

• A + B
  • A - B
  • Bitwise Logic (OR, NOR, AND, NAND, XOR, XNOR) (IMPLIES and NIMPLIES aren’t required)

But generally the control lines I see used are:

• Invert A
  • Invert B
  • Carry In
  • Flood Carry
  • Bitwise OR

Thank you, I will build this ALU in trial

Accepted for trial! Hop on the server at mc.openredstone.org and ask a staff member for assistance.

Note: Doesn’t need to be right now or anything, just whenever you and a staff member are available.

Thank you!