Icyy_Fox’s builder application

Minecraft name: Icyy_Fox

What do you like the most about redstone?: I like redstone because of the sense of satasfaction you get from finishing a build, and the complecity.

What’s a thing you have made which demonstrates redstone knowledge?: My best build was a machine that used a screen to count to 10 in japanese kanji.

What does the thing do?: It used about 300 bits of Vrom memory reels to store the pixels, and used a 5x6 2x2 pixel screen for the display.

Image(s) and/or video(s) of the device: I made a note with the stuff on my ipad beforehand so here it is basically

What do you plan on making for your build trial?: Wait a sec there’s a build trial? I’ll probably build this new machine I’m testing and if not that then probably my WIP text scrolling screen (probably reprogrammable)

Do you agree with the rules?: Yep I agree with the rules

this new machine I’m testing

You need to clarify what the actual build is or I can’t properly evaluate if it’s acceptable as a trial build.

if not that then probably my WIP text scrolling screen (probably reprogrammable)

The WIP text scrolling screen is not enough as a trial build. The bar for trial builds is at or above the level of a 4 Bit ALU.

The machine I’m testing is a memory reel which is reprogrammable with block swappers, It probably has a cousin which does the same thing and same practicality, but I’d give it a shot.
Also what the hell is an ALU and I feel like I’m gonna have to learn how to make a calculator -_-

A memory reel would also not be enough, I’d recommend taking some time to learn what an ALU is

A memory reel with block swappas
Damn if a calculator is the bare minimum That means I’m a bare idiot

Hey does a computer that can do 1-1, 15-15 and anything in between pass as something I can use in a trial

A subtractor? No

So will a thing that can do 1+1, 15+15 and anything in between work?

An ALU does addition, subtraction, and bitwise operations. So if it’s just something that does one of those then it wouldn’t be enough.

So if it can do both subtraction and addition would that pass?

What in the firefox is that

I’d recommend asking someone to teach you about ALUs on the ORE server.

I’m back and now I can make an adder
Can I make a massive adder
Or a smaller adder with a binary decoder and 7 seg display

An adder wouldn’t be enough for a trial build, even if you’re including the binary decoder and 7 seg.