Introducing: Town Hall! June 11th 2PM EST (6PM GMT)

Hello allo!

We will now be having town halls! The purpose of the town hall is for Staff and the ORE community to openly communicate on different projects and ideas for ORE. We hope that with this event, Staff could better gauge interest in different active projects and prioritize projects that the community actually desires. We also hope that this event will bring forth new ideas and promote the brainstorming of said ideas.

Specific details, like what time and duration, are still being discussed, but it will be occurring on June 11th, the day before the judging of the June competition. When a time is decided, we will schedule this as an event on DiscOREd. In fact, we plan to have these events every 3 months. This would mean that the next town hall would be in September.

If you would like to participate and have any ideas for what time would be best for you, be sure to comment in this topic!

Thanks!

3 Likes

Great idea!
While you probably have this on your mind already, please make sure to select a time that is hopefully both suitable for US and EU members,
and if tha’s not possible maybe do 2 ?

1 Like

Is that 2PM GMT? I am assuming anywhere between 10-3PM EST would be good to for EU individuals.

1 Like

Could it maybe be more often because some ppl might be occupied and then they’ll have to wait 3 months wich is a lot so like 1-2 would be better

1 Like

I think a time between 3pm and 6pm EST would be most accommodating (I’m in London these days)

The town hall will begin at Saturday, June 11, 2022 2:00 PM EST (6PM GMT) with the intent that it may last ~2 hours, possibly ending Saturday, June 11, 2022 4:00 PM EST (8PM GMT). We intend to use a voice channel to do this with Staff given priority speaker, but we expect people to listen and chime in when invited. You can find below the link to the Discord event.

https://discord.com/events/116914772766752769/983183768305143838

1 Like

We can see how this first one goes and adjust the frequency if need be. Every other month may be necessary.

Here is the outline of the topics discussed.

Below are the polls regarding the discussion from the Town Hall.

Town Hall Frequency
  • Every 6 Months
  • Every 3 Months (How it is now)
  • Every 2 Months

0 voters

Note: Reset does not mean that the old world is deleted. Your plot contents can still be copied or restored onto the new world.

Reset Creative Worlds for 1.18?
  • Yay
  • Nay

0 voters

World Height?
  • Keep current height (0-256)
  • Apply new 1.18 height (-64-320)

0 voters

Floor Height?
  • 32 Blocks (No change)
  • 24 Blocks
  • 16 Blocks
  • 8 Blocks

0 voters

School-like Permissions on Build?
  • Yay
  • Yay, but make it opt-in
  • Nay

0 voters

Survival Reset?
  • Yay (Typically, resets are done every major version)
  • Nay

0 voters

if youre gonna reset creative please add /p restore

3 Likes

/p restORE*

1 Like

:poop:

nickstORE plOREse stOREp

all of the options are bad
-tuke probably

5 Likes

OREll OREf thORE OREptiOREns ORE bOREd

2 Likes

damn i missed the whole thing, i didn’t see any pings and forgot about when it was supposed to be

good thing i can still vote so i didn’t miss out on the most important part

2 Likes

demOREcracy is just slapping nick right OREn the head

1 Like

if i vote no on survival reset will i be unbanned for 1.18?

1 Like

OREf ORE vOREte nORE OREn sOREvival resOREt wOREll ORE bORE unbOREnned fORE OREne pOREnt OREnteen?

For anyone who missed the town hall, creative world resets does not mean everything is gone from existence. Last reset we saved the world files and even gave old build its own world at /warp oldbuild. You will be able to set your new plot to be your old plot if that’s what you want. That may not be as simple as just a single command, but it will be doable.

same, staff should ping when its time to hall