JoBe_Gamings Builder Application

Minecraft name: JoBe_Gaming

What do you like the most about redstone?:
That it is possible to create complex Machines, Computer Parts and recreate Algorithms and Real Life Computer Parts just With a few simple Blocks and Rules regarding how Redstone behaves in a Block Game from 2009. I’m into Computer science a lot and It just amazes me what can be done by the Redstone Community.

What’s a thing you have made which demonstrates Redstone knowledge?:
A lot of Register and Memory Cell Designs, as well as a lot of Adder and Logic unit Designs. I did also build a fully working 5 Hz Screen with SR- Latches and a XY- Decoder. The most important one of all of them though would be My Cpu, being a 80% completed simple 1 Hz 8 bit Minecraft CPU (only the Program Memory, a Program Counter and a few Control Lines were Missing).

What does the thing do?:
It can do Simple math like Addition and Subtraction (in Binary) as well as Boolean Algebra Like AND, OR, XOR, NAND, NOR, XNOR, NOT and Forwarding (A/B input = Previous Output) as well as saving information into 16 different 1 byte Registers and Reading (R0 reads constant Zeros unless the control line to make it a “normal” Register) them. The Carry-Cancel Adder used in this is a design by Analyzers. The Cpu has bit shifting up and down though they are just serial. I did build a 5 Hz fully synchronised Bit shifter (prototype) on my school plot though, as WildScaryFox, JediZach, Death_Slice and Me are working on a 5 Hz Pipelined Cpu called “Juggernaut”.

Image(s) and/or video(s) of the device:

**What did you make as your trial build?:
A 1 HZ (max. 1.42 Hz) 8 Bit Arithetic Logic Unit with 7 Redstone Ticks of Latency with no Torches, being an Adder (Carry-Cancel, a principal developed by MagicalGent). I designed and a few Logic cuircuts for Boolean Algebra Operations, Being AND, OR, XOR, as well as the inverse of these. This is achieved by cancelling the Carry-Cancel Logic (The comparators) so we can use them for XNOR gates which then feed into a Comparator on Subtract mode subtracting the NOR from the side. This turns the “normal output” at the back which usually gives the output of the addition into a Add without Carry.

What is the warp for your trial build?: JoBe_Gaming’s_8bit_Alu(Trial)

Provide your results after completing the ORE Binary Quiz:
Binary Quiz completion certificate:

Completed by JoBe_Gaming in 10m19.039s on
2/9/2024, 14:30 UTC.

96.15% accuracy with 1/26 answers given 
incorrectly.

C2514871-2e4a-4b93-a600-ff6c125518ac-
4a6f42655f47616d696e67

121q6x0v2s3w343t6n3t0q366766405t184c0l3
ylseqhzhulseqv95d

Do you agree with the rules?:
Yes I do!

This application has been accepted! Whenever both you and a staff member are free, feel free to ask them for a trial. You are able to try again after failing and waiting 24 hours. It is always recommended to do a practice trial with another member before starting your real one.

1 Like

Thanks (idk if i can say that). You made my day!

1 Like

Btw why am I still student