Welcome to this month’s CPU Build-Off!
This twist of this month will be;
Your CPU must fit inside a Chunk. The CPU needs to support an IO port as well as a RAM port. And be more complex than a basic fib machine, as in it needs to be somewhat general purpose.
- CPU must support 8 bit
- RAM, P-ROM, and IO can be outside the Chunk… But you must have a port for anything you connect.
- To join the CPU build-off, warp to CPUcomp and ask me or another staff to trust you on that plot. Build in the sky ABOVE the existing CPUs… Please mark your builds with a nameplate above the CPU.
Rules for this build-off are as follows;
- You may select an ALU, Registers, Program Counter, and ROM in advance
- You have 6 hours to complete the build; overage time is allowed but must be tracked
- Time tracking is trust-based. You start tracking your 6 hours of build time from the point in which you have gathered all the parts listed in Rule #1 and begin assembling them or begin design work.
- If you must sleep, go eat, do chores, go to work, or whatever during this time… you can pause your timer.
- Max team size of 2 players. Although you are free to ask basic questions or for assistance from anyone… The goal is to learn not to win some awards.
- No winners, the only goal is to try and see how fast you can build a CPU. Complexity is only a bonus during these builds.
- The start time of the build-off will be Fridays at Noon PST and will end Sundays at Noon PST.
- Every month a new twist will be introduced. All builds during that month’s build-off must use/incorporate the twist of the month. These can range from an awkward premade data loop of which you must make the best CPU you can… to an IS I provide and everyone must build their own CPU to run it.