Koch_Snowflake Builder Application

Minecraft name: Koch_Snowflake

What do you like the most about redstone?: I started to get interested in computing about a year ago, and that bled into the nitty-gritty about how they work specifically. It’s pretty cool how you could simulate this in Minecraft redstone (I’ve been playing Minecraft for well over 6 years now.) I just had to be a part of it.

What’s a thing you have made which demonstrates redstone knowledge?: A 4-bit, 12 function ALU (Functions included in the pictures.)

What does the thing do?: It calculates the sum and difference between 2 4-bit numbers, as well as a host of logic gates. (I’ve built my own custom ALU that has already been reviewed; the reviewer said to follow a tutorial. I’ll show this reviewer if necessary.)

Image(s) and/or video(s) of the device: Video link:
https://youtu.be/-zB5s7B8Y0k

What do you plan on making for your build trial?: A 4-Bit ALU based off of this design.

Do you agree with the rules?: Yes

1 Like

Accepted for trial.

What the reviewer was getting at is that it’s probably overcomplicated; to support all logic gates the only functionality you need is FC, OR, !A, !B, CIN. Built-in “AND” and “XOR” modes are rather odd, and although left/right shift is useful we don’t normally require that-- only the bitwise ops.

1 Like