My quest to fix a XR100R

Oh, I’m thinking it’s the timing and valve clearence on the bike that’s causing low compression and backfire and smok

the compression right now is like 80? when it’s supposed to be 160 (Double it :hot_face:)

Double check the valves are seated right

they were a bit crusty on the inside. So I cleaned them but I think they are fine

Maybe try this stuff, put some in the cylinder and in the crank case. I tried this on my 40 psi compression 2008 quad and it worked very well. It now has 122 psi compression. It probs wouldn’t work in this case, but it’s very good to have around.

if it doesnt fix it, maybe a hone and new rings might do the trick. cant be that expensive on a single cyl

I’ve used that stuff. It killed the bike

how so? did ya hydrolock it?

I’m not stupid, I didn’t hydro lock it. it got really hot and got super thick and messed up the bearings

oh damn. i thought its mainly used to soak down the cylinder walls. hopefully the conrod is still ok?

Nope, the engine is a gone. the clutch is destroyed because of it

When did this happen… also wait… you know you put like a thin coating in the cylinder right…?

If it got really hot, your bike has another very big issue at least if it was in the crank case

Yes, I know

No I checked the temps from when it started to get stuck and it was it’s normal temps