NotAleks Builder Application

IGN: NotAleks

What do you like about redstone?

I enjoy learning real life computer science inside a videogame.

What’s a thing you have made which demonstrates redstone knowledge?:

Here I have made an 8 bit CCA ALU. I know it is nothing revolutionary but I think it is pretty cool. I started with someone's CCA adder and added on all of the logical components needed to make it into an ALU. Then I added a cool display.

What does the thing do?:

My understanding is that this is part of the front end of a CPU. I think, (could be wrong), in a real CPU the ALU receives commands from a CU, fetches data from some sort of memory/cache, then sends the new information into an encoder or something. The ALU carries out simple logical commands in binary.

As seen in the image below. There is a display for the A input, B input, and C = output. Using an encoder there is a selection panel to choose from many logical functions, i.e. addition, subtraction, inversion, L/R-shift, AND, OR, XOR, and others.

Image(s) and/or video(s) of the device:

As a new user I am only allowed to upload 1 image per post.

What did you make as your trial build?:

8 bit CCA ALU with a cool display

What is the warp for your trial build?:

/warp NotAleks

Do you agree with the rules?:

yes

Binary Quiz Certificate
Completed by NotAleks_ in 10m14.210s on 10/7/2023, 12:50 UTC.
96.15% accuracy with 1/26 answers given incorrectly.
57dd3836-37a1-4b24-ac04-9e2bc58a7f0b-4e6f74416c656b735f
6l6a3r6t5o120h3o3o6x083m3f5x4g0c4e2u6e6slng0x53elng1ab0s

This application has been accepted! Whenever both you and a staff member are free, feel free to ask them for a trial. You are able to try again after failing and waiting 24 hours. It is always recommended to do a practice trial with another member before starting your real one and to practice the questions found at ORE Binary Quiz to help prepare for some of the trial questions.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.