NT8's Builder Application

Minecraft name: NT8

What do you like the most about redstone?: Well, I love engineering. Redstone really brings out an engineering mindset in me. It’s simple, intuitive and adaptable, yet complex and a great exercise in problem solving. I was drawn to redstone years ago because of these attributes it carries.

What’s a thing you have made which demonstrates redstone knowledge?: Recently I’ve been very interested in computer engineering. I recently exercised this knowledge by building a 16-bit ripple carry adder/subtractor.

What does the thing do?: It uses comparators and signal strength to calculate 16-bit sums/differences in hexadecimal. It relies on two’s complement for subtraction. The inputs are labeled green and the outputs are labeled yellow.

Image(s) and/or video(s) of the device:

What do you plan on making for your build trial?: This probably. I might make it 8-bit to save time, as only two layers won’t take away complexity, and avoid redundancy.

Do you agree with the rules?: I do agree with the rules.

3 Likes

Accepted for trial, The rest of you non-staff (g0b & Conquer) shouldnt really be posting in here.

1 Like