ORE Monthly competitions!

Recently @IAmLesbian has gracefully offered to host competitions for ORE, so staff are very excited to announce that there will now be competitions on a regular basis! Below is the official annoucement.

NOTE: First competition is on friday this week!

To encourage member interaction and activity, ORE is starting monthly competitions!

What are the basic competition rules?

• Use common sense, just because there’s no rule against it doesn’t mean it’s allowed
  • Only build within the 2 day period
  • Only work with people on your own team
  • Only edit your team’s competition area

When do competitions happen?
Excluding this month, the competition will start the first Friday of each month at 3:00 pm EST and end after 2 days on Sunday at 3:00 pm EST. The selected judges will review the builds, look at how well they achieve the goal of the theme, and choose a winner. The first competition will be this coming weekend on Friday at 3:00 pm EST.

What do the winners get?
The prize is the same for both the school winners and build winners. They can choose a steam game under $15 AND their build is preserved at spawn in the new competition gallery along with their name(s).

How are the winners determined?
A team of selected judges review the builds and determine which of them is the best execution of the competition theme.

Can I compete on a team with my friend?
It depends. Every competition is different and it will be announced along with the theme of the competition.

What are the themes?
A competition theme can be anything from optimizing an existing build to creating a unique one given guidelines. Each competition the theme will be different. On the Friday of the competition at 3:00 pm EST is when the specifics of the competition are announced.

4 Likes

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to leave them here.

1 Like

OH COME ON WHY DO I HAVE TO HAVE SCHOOL JUST NOW !?

bro it says its not acomplete sentence

School on the weekends?

1 Like

That’s sounds really promessing!

Where does the award money come from?

1 Like

A money laundering scheme

1 Like

classic

ofc it starts at 5am

1 Like

rippp