RedMecanics builder application

Minecraft name: RedMecanics

What do you like the most about redstone?: Computers

What’s a thing you have made which demonstrates redstone knowledge?: An 8-bit computer with 1 byte of RAM

What does the thing do?: Can be programmed to follow instructions to add, subtract 8-bit numbers, read and write to RAM

Image(s) and/or video(s) of the device: https://imgur.com/a/8JKdb3s

What do you plan on making for your build trial?: 8-bit redstone calculator

Do you agree with the rules?: yes of course

What operations does your trial build calculator do?

Addition subtraction and eventually multiplication

Eventually? The trial build is something you need to complete during the trial.

Yes what i mean is that i needed to think about it.

Alright, make sure to let us know once you figure it out. Can’t accept the application until then.

After reflexion i am not going to do it because it is too much for 1 hour. :slight_smile:

Yeah, that’s fine, but you still need a trial build for the application so lmk when you’ve figured out what you want to do.

as i said in my original post i want to build a an 8-bit redstone calculator but without the multiplication function.

Just an Adder-Subtractor won’t be sufficient. The bar for trial builds is at or above the level of a 4 Bit ALU. Please respond with a new build if/when you decide on one.

What type of logical operations should the ALU be capable of ?

Addition, Subtraction, OR, NOR, AND, NAND, XOR, XNOR

That works for me so my trial build will be an 8-bit ALU

This application has been accepted! Whenever both you and a staff member are free, feel free to ask them for a trial. You are able to try again after failing and waiting 24 hours. It is always recommended to do a practice trial with another member before starting your real one and to practice the questions found at ORE Binary Quiz to help prepare for some of the trial questions.

1 Like