Steveacon's Builder Application

Minecraft name:
Steveacon

What do you like the most about redstone?:
I like the circuitry, I came to ORE to get better, more compact redstone compared to my previous builds, aswell as a more comprehensive grasp on logical design and computer architecture.
I’m more interested in computer engineering than redstone itself, i just like both the limitations in speed and freedom to expand them without having to buy actual materials. Also I love Minecraft which is a plus.

What’s a thing you have made which demonstrates redstone knowledge?:
I’ve made 3 or 4 extremely basic redstone computers before and many things close that were incomplete, none really that noteable as they are pretty much to the same design and scale as my half working 4-Bit computer on my school server plot.
Most them were built before I built this pc, but ill provide an imgur link to some pictures i took on my phone of my most recent computer test world (none of these are fully functional), i prefer their layout to my build on ORE, though those builds are less efficent and less compact.
I’ll also show a 1 bit “computer” i made out of dirt in survival, this wouldnt pass the build trial but i just think it’s a bit silly.
I would continue the construction of my build on ORE but its kind of a pain to build it without commands or World Edit, also I think I messed up the control lines.

What does the thing do?:
Aside for the amazing dirt super computer, they would have been general purpose 4 bit computers, not so much useful for computations but would make decent controllers for farms, rail directories, things like that. While not complete, they do demonstrate I have the basic knowledge to make computers, the issue isn’t an inability to make them, more actually following through with it.

Image(s) and/or video(s) of the device:
Uncompleted 4 Bit computer on ORE: https://imgur.com/a/xQIJiW8
Abandoned builds on my test world: https://imgur.com/gallery/moUvYmi
(side note about dirt processor: if you really wanna see it i can show you it but theres a max of 2 links on each post)

What do you plan on making for your build trial?:
I plan on making a Basic 8 Bit ALU: Addition, Subtraction, AND, OR, XOR, all that. I might add some bells and whistles on top of that depending on how much time I have left as I’m a fairly slow builder.

Do you agree with the rules?:
I do. I read these initially when joining the server for the first time. I just brushed up on them again writing this to make sure i didnt miss anything.

This application has been accepted! Whenever both you and a staff member are free, feel free to ask them for a trial. You are able to try again after failing and waiting 24 hours. It is always recommended to do a practice trial with another member before starting your real one and to practice the questions found at ORE Binary Quiz to help prepare for some of the trial questions.