TimWasTaken's Builder Application

Minecraft name:
TimWasTaken

What do you like the most about redstone?:
The endless possibilities to create arbitrarily complex contraptions out of simple rules in my favorite video game.

What’s a thing you have made which demonstrates redstone knowledge?:
16-bit Binary to Binary-Coded-Decimal converter (using the double-dabble algorithm)

What does the thing do?:
It takes in a 16-bit binary number and converts it to binary-coded-decimal (4 bits for every decimal digit) which makes it possible to easily display binary numbers on a human readable display as a decimal number. It uses the double dabble algorithm (otherwise known as “shift add 3”) to achieve this.

Image(s) and/or video(s) of the device:
image: https://imgur.com/a/IpG2dFP
video: 16-bit Binary to BCD in minecraft - YouTube

What do you plan on making for your build trial?:
An 8-bit register

Do you agree with the rules?:
Yes

Your trial build is not sufficiently advanced. The bar for trial builds is at or above the level of a 4 Bit ALU. Please respond with a new build if/when you decide on one.

For my trial build, I’m going to build a 4-bit ALU with support for addition and subtraction using CCA, XOR and OR.

This application has been accepted! Whenever both you and a staff member are free, feel free to ask them for a trial. You are able to try again after failing and waiting 24 hours. It is always recommended to do a practice trial with another member before starting your real one and to practice the questions found at ORE Binary Quiz to help prepare for some of the trial questions.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.