It is often useful to see your WorldEdit selection. That makes it easier to select exactly the region you want and it helps to avoid accidentally selecting a massive region without noticing. This can be achieved by a client-side mod (yes, that is allowed on ORE) which automatically visualizes your WorldEdit selections. It also works with other selection modes than the default (extend, convex, ellipsoid, …). The visualization disappears when running
//sel (which also deselects the region).
To install this, you need either Forge or Fabric (both are mod loaders). If you already have one of those installed or know how to install them, you can skip directly to the mod download link.
Fabric (Zero’s Selection Mod)
- Follow these instructions to install Fabric.
- Download the Fabric API mod.
- Download Zero’s Selection Mod.
- Start your game with Fabric, to see if it works. Now your Minecraft installation folder should have a
modsfolder. Put the mods downloaded in step 2 and 3 into that
- Start your game again and join ORE. Your WorldEdit selections should now be visulized!
- Install Forge using the installer.
- Download WorldEditCUI.
- Start your game with Forge, to see if it works. Now your Minecraft installation folder should have a
modsfolder. Put the mod downloaded in step 2 into that
- Start your game and join ORE. Your WorldEdit selections should now be visulized!