Elections Phase Numero Tres

Time: 12:00pm PST
Date: 4/15/2021
Place: ORE
Event: Elections Phase Numero Tres
As many of you are aware, we are currently in the process of hosting Moderator Elections. Phases Numero Uno [Nominations] and Dos [Nomination Audits]. Below is a list of the final candidates for moderator. If your name is on this list please post a reply to this thread saying you either accept or decline the nomination. You can choose to add a short message saying why you want to be a moderator or why you would be a good one. After all users on this list have replied, we will make a new post for everyone’s favorite part, Phase Numero Cuantro, Voting.
NOTE: If you were nominated on this post and your name is not on the provided list below… It is because you did not pass the audit process. We took many aspects into consideration during the audit process, from activity to behavior.

Awaiting Response:

Accepted:

• _zebek
  • ArimB1000
  • ChocoFluff
  • Carlsone aka Oscar91
  • DMVerfurth
  • Don_Manuel_1229
  • IAmLesbian
  • Konsumlamm
  • Kuggo
  • LAM678
  • Sammyuri
  • StackDoubleFlow

Declined:

• Aminotreal
  • Powsi

As a reminder , all shit posts and posts not made by staff or one of the nominees will be deleted.
As a second reminder, these are the phases for the current Election;

• Phase Numero Uno: Nominations
  • Phase Numero Dos: Audits
  • Phase Numero Tres: Acceptance [RIGHT NOW!] - Ends April 24th at 11:59pm PST
    • Details: Post below if you Accept of Decline nomination. Optional; add something short about you wanting mod or why you would be a good mod.
  • Phase Numero Cuatro: Voting
    • Details: TBA
    • NOTE: Students will not be allowed to vote in the election. So hurry and get builder if you would like to vote.
    • NOTE 2: Voting will be done in game using a new plugin from Nickster.
  • Phase Numero Cinco: Tally Up
    • Details: Ranked Choice Voting
  • Phase Number Seis: The Great Reveal
    • We reveal the results of the election and we welcome the new moderators.

TLDR; if you were nominated, check above to see if you passed the audit process, if so… post below accepting or declining. Please do so by April 24th.
NOTE: This phase of acceptance can end sooner if all nominees reply quickly.

3 Likes

I accept my nomination.

I feel like there’s a reasonable argument to pick me when you vote. First off, I’ve done a fair bit of work to improve ORE. I made the proposal to add Engineer rank (the rank following Builder) and I worked with ORE staff to introduce the monthly competitions which I continue to organize. Second, I’ve had a lot of time to be an active member of the community. On ORE, I’ve made many many friends with a large portion of the active community. I think I’m on good terms with most/all of the members and staff on ORE currently.

Overall, I think I’d make a useful addition to the ORE staff team and do my part in improving ORE further.

8 Likes

I will very humbly accept my nomination. Much thanks to whoever nominated me :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

I accept my nomination
I will be the best moderator ever because yes.
Unlike all the other moderators/admins I am beginner so I can help beginner people because I know what it’s like to be beginner
I probably know how to do moderator stuff

4 Likes

I accept my nomination.

Also, my name starts with a lowercase k :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I accept my nomination.
I can bake perfect sourdough bread.

8 Likes

I accept the nomination and appreciate the community’s support. Let’s make ORE a better place!

7 Likes

I decline. Thanks PNWMan for nominating me, but I don’t think I have the knowledge to run trials well enough, and I’m generally not interested in being mod.

6 Likes

I accept my nomination.
I may not be the most qualified person, but i intend to work hard, and compensate with effort.
If I get the promotion, i can always lean on the older moderators, and learn their secrets :stuck_out_tongue:
I hope i can help this sevORE be bettORE

5 Likes

acceptation:
we will make ORE great again!
we will build a wall to keep the door people out, and we will make the door people provide the resources to build said wall!
(if i actually get moderator, ill do things like improve /pol or do trials or teach students and stuff, dont worry)

5 Likes

I accept my nomination. Thanks for nominating me, me!

4 Likes

I do also accept my nomination, and I shall do someone’s best to help.

4 Likes

I do accept because I nominated myself. I know for sure I would be able to help with trials, as I have good knownledge aswell as good teaching skills. I have noticed some students have to wait for weeks.

Also I enjoy organizing events such as comp, and I’ve got some new ideas for events.

2 Likes

I accept my nomination.

As a moderator of Open Redstone Engineers, I will strive to improve the community and user experience to the best of my abilities. This not only includes moderation, but as a developer too.
Here is what I’ve done for the community as a member so far:

• Patched bugs: I created a patch for the bug which caused players to be stuck at position 30,000,000 blocks away from origin. I believe this greatly improves user experience as people can no longer accidentally ban themselves from the server just by falling or teleporting.
  • Engineer interviews and trials: As an Engineer, I have helped with multiple interviews and trials. I did this because I would like to help staff in any way possible and I believe that trials are something that do not happen enough. There are many people who go a long time without ever getting a chance to complete their trial, and I would like to change this.
  • Minecraft High Performance Redstone Server: I have been using my ability as a developer to assist the computational redstone community as a whole. This software can be a great tool for the education of computer science. I have seen the server provide people with motivation for projects they would not even attempt otherwise. One example of this is LordDecapo’s poker machine. I believe that, without the creation of MCHPRS, this project would just be an idea and never truly attempted.

Here is how I will help the community as a moderator in addition to general moderation:

• Doing trials: I will use much of free time in ORE to run trials to make the builder rank process much faster.
  • MCHPRS: I will continue development of MCHPRS to provide people with motivation and education. People will learn much more about computer science if they were able to work on much larger builds.
  • Other development: I will use my ability as a developer to make ORE a better place by helping to write much needed plugins.
  • Memez: I will ban capo whenever possible.

I hope this makes me a clear choice for becoming a moderator, and I would like to thank the current ORE staff team for making this election possible!

6 Likes

4 Likes